DOPsys (Delivery, Offload & Positioning)
A supply chain is only as strong as its weakest link. A company can move a product from China to Ireland , clear it through Customs, move it to a distribution centre, and fulfil it in record time. But if it doesn’t Deliver, Offload & Position (DOPsys) the product to the end consumer to a high, quality assured standard, ready for commissioning then the company’s supply chain has failed.
A crucial part of any technical supply chain is “final-mile” delivery— the last leg of the supply chain, in which products are delivered to required site and positioned to a point of use where they can be finally commissioned by technical staff if required.
DOPsys provides an industry standard business process for technical installations supported with a measured level of accredited training to a standard to which the customer will know will meet their exacting standards and demands.
Accreditation of the DOPsys process and supporting training is by the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport.
There are three stages to DOpSys full Certification – each building on the previous. Each level can be separately certified, but in order to achieve Certified DOPsys Project Manager, the candidate will need to have, either, completed both previous levels, or provided evidence to the Assessor of prior learning and experience at the lower levels.
- Certified DOPsys Technicians
- Certified DOPsys Team Leader
- Certified DOPsys Project Manager
- Procedures for the safe receipt and put-away of product
- Manual Handling
- Health and Safety
- Safe Systems of work
- Product Handling Techniques
- Procedures for the safe loading/movement/unloading product using specified equipment
- Awareness of Risk Assessment and Site Survey requirements
- The Delivery, Offload and Positioning process
- Certified Technician competences above plus:
- Team leadership
- Essential Project Planning techniques
- Routing and Scheduling
- Customer Service
- Conduct of site surveys
- Production of required DOPSys process documents
- Effective Communication
- Certified DOPSys Team Leader plus
- Advanced Project Management
- People Management
- Assess, plan and execute a multiple/complex Delivery, Offload, Position job.
- Plan for contingencies
- Be able to cost a job and plan in the most efficient and cost effective manner, providing a customer with a quotation.
Recognise that through excellent Delivery, Offload and Positioning, customer relationships will be built on trust and that only through delivery at this level will lead to further sales opportunities.